Term of use
This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 (“IT Act, 2000”)
And rules thereunder as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in
Various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is
Generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
This document is published in accordance with the provisions of Rule 3 (1) of the Information
Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011 that require publishing the rules and regulations,
The domain name www.jurisbazaar.com (hereinafter referred to as 'Website') is owned by Juris Retail Multitrade Pvt. Ltd
Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as ‘Jurisbazaar'), a company incorporated under the Companies
Your use of the Website, services, and tools is governed by the following terms and conditions (TOU) including applicable policies incorporated herein by way of reference. If you transact on the Website, you shall be subject to the policies that are applicable to the Website for such a transaction. By mere use of the Website you shall be contracting with Jurisbazaar, and these terms and conditions including the policies constitute your binding obligations to Jurisbazaar.
When you use any of the services provided by us through the Website -- including but not limited to
(e.g. customer reviews) you will be subject to the rules, guidelines, policies, terms and conditions applicable to such services and they shall be deemed incorporated into the TOU and considered a part and parcel of the TOU. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the TOU at any time and without any prior written notice to you. It is your responsibility to review the TOU periodically for updates/changes. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes will mean that you accept and agree to the revisions. As long as you comply with the TOU, we grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and limited privilege to enter and use the Website.
ACCESSING, BROWSING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE WEBSITE INDICATES YOUR
AGREEMENT WITH ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER THE TOU, SO PLEASE READ
The use of the Website is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under the
Indian Contract Act, 1872. Persons who are "incompetent to contract" within the meaning of the Indian
Contract Act, 1872 including minors, un-discharged insolvents etc. are not eligible to use the Website.
If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you shall not register as a seller on the Website, transact or use the Website. As a minor if you wish to use the Website or make a transaction, such use or transaction may be made by your legal guardian or parents. Jurisbazaar reserves the right to terminate your registration and/or refuse you access to the Website if it is brought to Jurisbazaar notice or discovered that you are under the age of 18 years. If you register as a business entity, you represent that you are duly authorized by the business entity to accept the TOU and you have the authority to bind the business entity to the TOU.
Your Account and Registration Obligations
If you use the Website, you shall be responsible for maintaining confidentiality of your display name and password and all activities that occur with the use of your display name and password. You agree that if you provide any information which is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current, incomplete, or not in accordance with the TOU, we shall have the right to indefinitely suspend, terminate or block you from accessing the Website.
When you use the Website or send emails, other data, information, or communication to us, you agree and understand that you are communicating with us through electronic records and you consent to receive communications via electronic records from us periodically or as and when required. We may communicate with you by email or any other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise
Platform for Transaction and Communication
The Website is a platform that users utilize to meet and interact with one another for their transactions. Jurisbazaar is not and cannot be a party to or control in any manner any transaction between users on the Website. Consequently:
1. All commercial/contractual terms are offered by you and agreed upon between you and buyers alone. The commercial/contractual terms include (without limitation) price, shipping costs, payment methods and terms, date, period, and mode of delivery, and warranties and after-sales services related to products and services. Jurisbazaar does not determine, advice, have any control, or in any way involve itself in the offering or acceptance of such commercial/contractual terms between you and buyers.
2. Jurisbazaar does not make any representations or warranties regarding specifics (such as quality, value, and salability) of the items or services proposed to be sold, offered to be sold, or purchased on the Website. Jurisbazaar does not implicitly or explicitly support or endorse the sale or purchase of any items and services on the Website. Jurisbazaar accepts no liability for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself or third parties.
3. Jurisbazaar is not responsible for any non-performance or breach of any contract between you and buyers. Jurisbazaar cannot and does not guarantee that you and buyers concerned will perform transaction(s) concluded on the Website. Jurisbazaar shall not and is not required to mediate or resolve disputes or disagreements between you and buyers.
4. Jurisbazaar does not make any representations or warranties regarding item-specifics (such as legal title, creditworthiness, identity, etc.) of any of its Users. You are advised to independently verify the bona fides of any particular buyer you choose to deal with on the Website and use your best judgment in that regard.
5. Jurisbazaar does not at any point in time during a transaction between you and a buyer on the Website come into or take possession of any of the products or services offered by you, gain title to or have any rights or claims over the products or services offered by you to the buyer.
6. At no time shall Jurisbazaar hold any right/title to or interest in the items nor have any obligations or liabilities with respect to such a contract. Jurisbazaar is not responsible for unsatisfactory or delayed performance of services, damages, or delays as a result of items which are out of stock, unavailable, or back-ordered.
7. The Website is only a platform that can be utilized by you to reach a larger customer base to sell items or services. Jurisbazaar only provides a platform for communication and it is agreed that the contract for sale of any products or services shall be a strictly bipartite contract between you and the buyer. At no time shall Jurisbazaar hold any right/title to or interest in the items nor have any obligations or liabilities in respect of such a contract. Jurisbazaar is not responsible for unsatisfactory or delayed performance of services, damages, or delays as a result of items which are out of stock, unavailable or back-ordered.
8. You shall independently agree upon the manner, terms, and conditions of delivery, payment, insurance etc. with the buyers you transact with.
9. You release and indemnify Jurisbazaar and/or any of its officers and representatives from any cost, damage, liability or other consequence of any of the actions of the users on the Website and specifically waive any claims that you may have in this behalf under any applicable law.
Notwithstanding its reasonable efforts in that behalf, Jurisbazaar cannot control the information provided by other Users which is made available on the Website. You may find other user's information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. Please use caution and practice safe trading when using the Website. Please note that there may be risks in dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretense.
Use of the Website
You agree and understand and agree that Jurisbazaar and the Website merely provides hosting services to its Registered Users and persons browsing/visiting the Website. All items advertised / listed and the contents therein are advertised and listed by Registered Users and are third party user generated contents. Jurisbazaar neither originates nor initiates the transmission nor select the sender and receiver of the transmission nor selects nor modify the information contained in the transmission. Jurisbazaar has no control over the third party user generated contents. Jurisbazaar is merely an intermediary and does not interfere in the transaction between Buyers and Sellers.
You agree, undertake and confirm that your use of the Website shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
1. You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which: (a) belongs to another person and over which you have no right;
(b) is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating to or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever, or unlawfully threatening or harassing, including but not limited to ‘indecent representation of women’ within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986;
(c) is misleading in any way; (d) is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content or content that promotes obscenity, pedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
(e) Harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
(f) Involves the transmission of ‘junk mail’, ‘chain letters’, unsolicited mass mailing, or ‘spamming’;
(g) promotes illegal activity or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, or libelous;
(h) Infringes upon or violates any third party's rights [including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person's name, email
address, physical address, or phone number) or rights of publicity];
(i) Promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work (see ‘Copyright complaint" below for instructions on how to lodge a complaint about uploaded copyrighted material) such as providing pirated computer programs or links, information to circumvent manufacturer installed copy-protect devices, or pirated music or links to pirated music files;
(j) Contains restricted or password-only access pages, hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
(k) Provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone;
(l) Provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, providing or creating computer viruses;
(m) Contains videos, photographs or images of another person (with a minor or an adult);
(n) tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access to the Website,
Profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend requests, or other areas of the
Website, or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users on the Website;
(o) Engages in commercial activities and/or sales such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, pyramid schemes, or the buying or selling of ‘virtual’ items related to the Website without our prior written consent. Throughout the TOU, Jurisbazaar prior written consent means a communication coming from the Jurisbazaar Legal Department in response to your request and specifically addressing the activities or conduct for which you have sought authorization; (p) solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which we, at our sole discretion, believe is or could be construed as being illegal;
(q) interferes with another’s use and enjoyment of the Website;
(r) Refers to any website/URL which, at our sole discretion, contains material that is inappropriate for the Website or any other website and content that is prohibited or violates the letter and spirit of TOU;
(s) Harms minors in any way;
(t) Infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, proprietary rights, third-party’s trade secrets, rights of publicity, or privacy, is fraudulent, or involves the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
(u) violates any law for the time being in force;
(v) Deceives or misleads the addressee/ users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
(w) Impersonates another person;
(x) contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, Easter eggs, or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information;
(y) Threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or, prevents investigation of any offence, or is insulting any other nation;
(z) Shall not be false, inaccurate, or misleading;
(1) Shall not, directly or indirectly, offer or attempt to offer trade or attempt to trade in any item which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force;
(2) Shall not create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or part) the services of our Internet
Service Provider (“ISPs”) or other suppliers.
2. You shall not use any ‘deep-link’, ‘page-scrape’, ‘robot’, ‘spider’, automatic device, program, algorithm, methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process to access, acquire, copy, monitor any portion of the Website or content, in any way reproduce, or circumvent the navigational structure, presentation of the Website, or any content to obtain or attempt to obtain any material, documents, or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website. We reserve our right to bar any such activities.
3. You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website, other systems, networks connected to the Website, server, computer, network, or the services offered on or through the Website by hacking, password ‘mining’, or any other illegitimate means.
4. You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the
Website or breach the security, authentication measures on the Website or any network connected to the Website. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace information on any other user of or visitor to Website (including any account on the Website that is not owned by you) or to its source or exploit the Website, any service, information made available, or offered by or through the Website in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information (including but not limited to personal identification or information other than your own information) provided by the Website.
5. You shall not make any negative, denigrating, or defamatory statement(s)/comment(s) about us, the brand name, or domain name used by us, including the terms Jurisbazaar, jurisbazaar.com or otherwise engage in any conduct or action that might tarnish the image or reputation of
Jurisbazaar or sellers on the platform or otherwise tarnish or dilute any Jurisbazaar trade mark, service marks, trade name and/or goodwill associated with such trade, service marks or trade name as may be owned or used by us. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website or Jurisbazaar systems, networks, or any systems or networks connected to Jurisbazaar.
6. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website, any transaction being conducted on the Website or any other person’s use of the Website.
7. You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message, transmittal you send to us on or through the Website, or any service offered on or through the Website. You may not pretend that you are or represent someone else or impersonate any other individual or entity.
8. You may not use the Website or any content for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by the
TOU or to solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity which infringes the rights of
Jurisbazaar and/or others.
9. You shall at all times ensure full compliance with the applicable provisions of the Information
Technology Act, 2000, and the rules thereunder as applicable and amended from time to time and also all applicable domestic laws, rules and regulations (including the provisions of any applicable
Exchange Control Laws or Regulations in force) and International Laws, Foreign Exchange Laws,
Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations (including, but not limited to Sales Tax/ VAT, Income Tax,
Octroi, Service Tax, Central Excise, Custom Duty, Local Levies) regarding your use of our service and your listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of items or services. You shall not engage in any transaction in an item or service, which is prohibited by the provisions of any applicable law including exchange control laws or regulations for the time being in force. In particular you shall ensure that if any of your items listed on the Website qualifies as an "Antiquity" or "Art treasure" as defined in the Act ("Artwork"), you shall indicate that such Artwork is "non-exportable" and sold subject to the provisions of the Antiquities and Art Treasures Act, 1972, and shall ensure that it is not delivered to any buyer at any place outside India.
11. From time to time you shall be responsible for providing information relating to the items or services proposed to be sold by you. In this connection, you undertake that all such information shall be accurate in all respects. You shall not exaggerate or over emphasize the attributes of such items or services so as to mislead other users on the website in any manner.
12. You shall not engage in advertising or solicitation of other sellers on the Website to buy or sell any products or services, including but not limited to products or services related to what is displayed on the Website or us. You may not transmit any chain letters or unsolicited commercial or junk email to other users via the Website. It shall be a violation of the TOU to use any information obtained from the
Website in order to harass, abuse, or harm others or contact, advertise and sell to or solicit persons other than those who have chosen to buy from you. In order to protect our users from such advertising or solicitation, we reserve the right to restrict the number of messages or emails which a seller may send to other users in any 24-hour period, which we deem appropriate at our sole discretion. You understand that we have the right at all times to disclose any information (including the identity of the persons who have provided information or material on the Website) as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or valid governmental request. This may include, without limitation, disclosure of the information in connection with the investigation of an alleged illegal activity or its solicitation, response to a lawful court order or subpoena. In addition, we can (and you hereby expressly authorized us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, at our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with the investigation and/or resolution of possible crimes, especially those that may involve personal injury. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor the material posted on the Website.
Jurisbazaar shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to remove or edit any content that violates or is alleged to violate any applicable law or either the spirit or letter of the TOU. Notwithstanding this right,
YOU REMAIN SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF THE MATERIAL YOU POST ON
THE WEBSITE AND IN YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES. Please be advised that such content posted does not necessarily reflect Jurisbazaar views. In no event shall Jurisbazaar assume or have any responsibility or liability for any content posted on the Website or claims, damages, or losses resulting from its use and/or appearance of it on the Website. You hereby represent and warrant that you have necessary rights to all the content you provide and all information it contains and that such content shall not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties or contain any libelous, tortious, or otherwise unlawful information.
13. Your correspondence or business dealings with or participation in the promotion of advertisers on or through the Website (including payment and delivery of related products or services, any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings) are solely between you and such advertisers. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of such dealings or the presence of such advertisers on the Website.
14. It is possible that other users (including unauthorized persons or ‘hackers’) may post or transmit offensive or obscene material on the Website and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such material. It is also possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of the
Website and use such information to harass or injure you. We do not approve of such unauthorized uses but by using the Website, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the use of any personal information that you publicly disclose or share with others on the Website. Please carefully select the type of information that you publicly disclose or share with others on the Website.
15. Jurisbazaar shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to your involvement/participation in any way on your own or through group(s) of people, intentionally or unintentionally, in DoS (denial of service) / DDoS (Distributed Denial of Services).
As a registered seller, you may list item(s) for sale on the Website in accordance with the policies which are incorporated by way of reference in this TOU. You must be legally able to sell the item(s) you list for sale on our Website. You must ensure that the listed items do not infringe upon the intellectual property, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy rights of third parties. Listings may only include text descriptions, graphics and pictures that describe your item for sale. All items must be listed in an appropriate category on the Website. All listed items must be kept in stock for successful fulfillment of sales. The listing description of the item must not be misleading and must describe actual condition of the product. If the item description does not match the actual condition of the item, you agree to refund any amount that you may have received from the buyer. You agree not to list a single product in multiple quantities across various categories on the
Website. Jurisbazaar reserves the right to delete such multiple listings of the same product listed by you in various categories.
‘Logistic Partner’ shall mean a logistic service provider approved by Jurisbazaar Internet Private Limited.
You are requested to read the following points carefully before booking the consignment:
Logistic Partner do accept documents for shipping from one destination to other. You may carefully note that your consignment must not contain any letter of communication which will infringe the Indian Postal Act 1983. We accept parcels in good faith that they do not contain anything, which will infringe the Law.
'Shipment / Consignments' means all parcels (excluding documents) that travel under one waybill and which may be carried by any means we choose, including air, road or any other carrier. A 'waybill' shall include any label produced by us under automated systems, air waybill, or consignment note and shall incorporate these Terms and Conditions. Every
Shipment is transported on a limited liability basis as provided herein. If Shipper requires greater protection, Seller has to insure their respective consignments.
Shipments are delivered only to the Receiver`s address given by the Shipper but not necessarily to the named Receiver personally.
Consignments, which are of Hazardous Nature (Chemicals, Flammable Articles and Liquids) expressly prohibited by the RAILWAY/AIRPORT AUTHORITY OR ANY OTHER
TRANSPORT AGENCY, shall not be accepted.
We request you not to enclose CASH in the courier consignment and not to book Jewels,
Textiles, High value gift articles, Share Certificates and Travel documents. Our liability in cases of any Loss or Damage to the consignment shall not exceed Rs. 5000 /-
We request you to declare the value of the consignment on the consignment note & shipping label at the time of booking.
We request you to ensure that the consignment is properly packed with thick paper material to withstand the handling.
If more than one consignment is booked to the same consignee on different airway bill numbers, it has to be ensured that the full address is written on all the consignments.
Consignments addressed to Ministry Offices and Central Government Offices in New Delhi are put in the box at the gate, due to security reasons as per the direction of the Central
Government without taking any POD proof/acknowledgement from the receiver.
You have to hand over all their consignments before the specified CUT-OFF-TIME for on time delivery.
Logistic Partner shall not be liable for any loss including but not limited to taxes and duties levied on the consignment arising due to confiscation of shipments by any Government
Agencies due to lack of proper documents.
Logistic Partner shall not be liable for any loss arising due to the causes beyond its control such as Floods, Accidents, Fire, Theft, war Etc.
Every effort is made to adhere to the delivery schedule, but it may be delayed in the circumstances beyond the control.
Octroi or any other charges levied by any Central/State/Local Authorities wherever applicable shall be extra and the consignor / Shipper shall pay it in Indian National Rupees.
Logistic Partner is not liable for any loss, miss-delivery, delay or damage to any article/things/documents sent and no officer of Logistic Partner is liable for any such loss or delay or damage, except to the extent of clause mentioned above in section 5 above.
Logistic Partner have the right but not the obligation, to inspect any shipment without prior intimation to the Consignor / shipper for checking the contents.
All matters of business should be settled within the jurisdiction of the Booking station.
Parcels shall be accompanied by the respective state forms as prescribed by the Govt. of
India to meet the requirements of sales tax authorities.
Consignments addressed to a Post Box Number cannot be delivered.
The Shipper shall indemnify and hold us, harmless for any loss or damage arising out of
Shipper’s failure to comply with any applicable laws or regulations and for Shipper`s breach of the following warranties and representations:
All information provided by the Shipper or its representatives is complete and accurate;
The Shipment was prepared in secure premises by Shipper`s employees;
The Shipper employed reliable staff to prepare the Shipment;
The Shipper protected the Shipment against unauthorized interference during preparation, storage and transportation to us;
the Shipment is properly marked and addressed and packed to ensure safe transportation with ordinary care in handling;
All applicable laws and regulations have been complied with;
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision shall not affect any other part of these
Terms and Conditions.
Dead/dry weights or volumetric weight whichever is higher will be charged & taken while calculating the weights & rates and billed to next higher half or one kg.. The final weights will be marked by Logistic Partner itself. Any discrepancies in weight shall be sorted out till final delivery happens to the customer only. No Post Delivery weight disputes will be taken up by us.
All Non documents consignments must accompany all statutory declarations and invoices for speedy regulatory clearances
Consignor has to provide at least 2 copies of Invoice/declaration to facilitate delivery.
Regular Pick up will be effected on the business days. Transit time will not include the non – business days.
Notwithstanding anything contained anywhere or earlier agreed between the parties, any consignment which is returned back to origin (RTO) for any reason whatsoever shall be chargeable at the same rate at which the consignment was initially booked by the Shipper and the Shipper shall be liable for the payments of such RTO service charges without raising any objections or disputes whatsoever.
Logistic Partner will process all the parcels and process it’s through its various branches.
It is expressly understood by the parties to the agreement that Logistic Partner is merely a service provider to Shipper.
Logistic Partner may provide web based online tracking for all the shipments carried in its network.
Customer may be provided facility to pay in cash or through card wherever possible for Cash on Delivery shipments. Logistic Partner will be liable for the damage to the shipment only if shipment has been identified as “damaged” by Logistic Partner before delivery to customer or customer has rejected the shipment with reason as “damaged shipment”.
Logistic Partner will not take any responsibility of damage to shipments for Reverse pickup from customer or customer rejection of shipment at the time of delivery unless the same is on account of damage caused by Logistic Partner.
The first attempt for delivery of shipment shall be made by Logistic Partner within 7 business days after pickup from Shipper location.
Once a Reverse pickup request is received by Logistic Partner, first pickup attempt for reverse pickup from Consignee will be made within the next business two days.
If shipment could not be picked up from Consignee location because of reasons beyond
Logistic Partner’s control, Logistic Partner will not be held responsible for the same.
Logistic Partner reserves the right to cancel the Reverse pickup request without any prior intimation.
Content Posted on the Website
All text, graphics, seller interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music and artwork, notes, messages, emails, billboard postings, drawings, profiles, opinions, ideas, images, videos, audio files, other material or information (collectively ‘content’) are third-party generated content and Jurisbazaar has no control over such third-party generated content as Jurisbazaar is merely an intermediary for the purposes of this TOU. Except as expressly provided in the TOU, no part of the
Website and content may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted or distributed in any way (including ‘mirroring’) to any other computer, server, website or other medium for publication, distribution or any commercial enterprise without Jurisbazaar prior written consent.
You may use the information on the products and services purposely made available on the Website for downloading provided you:
(1) Do not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents;
(2) Use such information only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it to any media;
(3) Make no modifications to any such information; and
(4) Do not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such documents.
Jurisbazaar grants seller a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive, non-sub licensable, non-assignable and personal license to use "Powered by Jurisbazaar" and/or “Jurisbazaar.com” name and/or logo on sellers invoice for transactions concluded on the Website. Further, Jurisbazaar grants seller a limited, nontransferable, non-exclusive, non-sub licensable, non-assignable and personal license to use
“Jurisbazaar.com” name and/or logo on packing material used by Seller for delivery of Products sold on the Website.
Once you provide your information to us, you provide such information to us and our affiliate and we and our affiliate may use such information to provide you various services with respect to your transaction whether such transaction are conducted on www.jurisbazaar.com or with third party merchant's or third party merchant's website.
Types of Sellers
In case of multiple sellers selling same product, the preferred seller is one who is shown at the top of the sellers’ list. This is computed based on the following parameters:
--Defect rate (calculated based on the total number of cancellations, returns, disputes, and poor ratings for a seller); and
-- Time elapsed since last successful sale (it is applicable to only those sellers who have successfully completed 30 orders)
--Or such other parameters as may be specified from time to time
Sellers trusted by Jurisbazaar to sell have a Jurisbazaar trusted-seller badge associated with them. Sellers become eligible if they meet the following criterion -- less than 5% defect rate consistently for more than 6 months or such other parameters as may be specified from time to time
Certified sellers on Jurisbazaar have exclusive features like ‘Wallet’, ‘Store credit’, ‘Gift card’, and more.
Sellers become eligible if they meet the following criteria:
--less than 5% of defect rate consistently for more than 6 months; and
--selling in all the categories listed on Jurisbazaar;
--or such other parameters as may be specified from time to time.
The final call on trusted and certified sellers is Jurisbazaar sole discretion
1. Transactions, transaction price and all commercial terms such as delivery, dispatch of products and/or services are as per principal to principal bipartite contractual obligations between sellers and buyers and the payment facility is merely used by sellers and buyers to facilitate the completion of transactions. Use of the payment facility shall not render Jurisbazaar liable or responsible for non-delivery, non-receipt, non-payment, damage, breach of representations and warranties, non-provision of after-sales or warranty services or fraud as regards the products and/or services listed on the
2. You have specifically authorized Jurisbazaar or its service providers to collect, process, facilitate, and remit payments and/or the transaction price electronically or through cash on delivery (COD) to and from buyers in respect of transactions through payment facility. Your relationship with Jurisbazaar is on a principal to principal basis and by accepting the TOU, you agree that Jurisbazaar is an independent contractor for all purposes and does not have control of or liability for the products or services that are listed on the Website and paid for by using the payment facility. Jurisbazaar does not guarantee the identity of any User nor does it ensure that a buyer or a seller will complete a transaction.
3. You understand, accept, and agree that the payment facility provided by Jurisbazaar is neither a banking nor financial service, but merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment facility for receiving payment through cash on delivery (COD), collection and remittance for transactions on the Website using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and credit card payment gateway (PG) network. Further, by providing payment facility, Jurisbazaar neither acts as a trustee nor fiduciary with respect to transaction or transaction price.
It is hereby clarified that cash on delivery (COD) option may not be available for select products or categories.
Payment Facility for Sellers:
• You, as a seller, shall be required to dispatch the products and/or services for every transaction to the buyer within the time period as provided in the policies to ensure that the products and/or services are delivered in a timely manner. Further, seller will solely be responsible for undertaking transit insurance for products sold on the Website. For avoidance of doubt, Jurisbazaar will not be responsible for undertaking any insurance(s) for products sold by sellers on the Website.
• A seller shall provide dispatch details to Jurisbazaar in such a manner and within a time period as provided in the policies, failing which the transaction shall stand cancelled.
• A seller shall dispatch the products and/or services using only an approved delivery channel which provides appropriate ‘proof of dispatch’ & ‘proof of delivery’ (PODs) documentation. Such POD documentation relating to delivery should be maintained by a seller for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of dispatch. The PODs should be furnished to Jurisbazaar on demand within the time frame as notified from time to time.
• A seller agrees that the dispatch details shall be true, correct, and duly authorized and shall not be misleading, fraudulent, false, unauthorized, illegal and shall not contain any misrepresentation of facts.
• In case a seller fails to provide dispatch details or provides dispatch details not complying with policies, it shall result in consequences as more specifically stated in the policies and which may lead to suspension and/or termination of seller account.
• A seller agrees that the transaction price paid by a buyer will be remitted to a seller’s bank account contingent upon the following events:
a) A buyer confirms the delivery of products and/or services in the transaction;
b) A buyer does not take any action on payment facility to confirm delivery within such a time period as provided in the policies despite confirmation of dispatch of products and/or services by a seller to the buyer;
c) A buyer’s refund claim is rejected by Jurisbazaar due to any breach of the TOU, policies, and any applicable law;
d) Remittances to a seller for successful transactions under the payment facility, excluding COD transactions, would be in compliance with directions issued by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for opening and operation of accounts and settlement of payments for electronic payment transactions involving intermediaries vide its notification RBI/2009-10/231 DPSS.CO.PD.No.1102 / 02.14.08/ 2009-
10 dated November 24, 2009 (‘RBI Intermediary Guidelines”).
e) Transaction Timelines: Transaction on the Website shall be deemed to be complete only once the following action items are concluded by the respective parties as detailed below: Action Item Days
Action Item Days
1. Seller to procure and ship the product(s) sold 1 - 21 days
2. Logistics partner to ship and deliver the product(s) sold (post step 1) 2 - 7 days
3. Buyer to confirm (post step 2) 1 - 45 days
Exemptions to the above-listed timelines:
Pre-orders where buyer places an order in advance and receives the item as per the timelines stated on the Website,
International procurement where buyer procurement takes more than 21 days as on the website
Once the transaction is completed as stated above, the remittance to seller shall be made in accordance with RBI Intermediary Guidelines.
Remittances to a seller for COD transactions shall be made through Cheque/demand draft or online bank transfer to the seller’s bank account in accordance with above said transaction timelines prescribed in clause (e) hereinabove
Registration on the Website is free. Jurisbazaar does not charge any fee for browsing/registering on the
Website. However, before you list an item for sale through the Website, we request you to review our fee policy, which is hereby incorporated by reference into this TOU. Jurisbazaar reserves the right to change its fee policy from time to time. In particular, Jurisbazaar may, at its sole discretion, introduce new services and modify some or all of the existing services offered on the Website. In such an event,
Jurisbazaar reserves the right to introduce fees for the new services offered or amend/introduce fees for existing services, as the case may be. Changes to the fee policy shall be posted on the Website and such changes shall automatically become effective immediately after they are posted on the Website.
Unless otherwise stated, all fees shall be quoted in Indian Rupees (INR) and payable to Jurisbazaar. You shall be solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws, including those in India, for making payments to Jurisbazaar.
Taxes: You are responsible for paying all fees associated with the use of the Website and you agree to bear any and all applicable taxes, charges, cesses etc. levied thereon.
Rules for Express Remittance for Qualified Sellers
1. A seller agrees that Jurisbazaar may offer to provide Express Remittance to qualified sellers. Express
Remittance shall be subject to RBI Intermediary Guidelines and arrangements/directions of the nodal bank. Jurisbazaar, at its sole discretion, may make such an offer to qualified sellers and the same shall not be construed as a right but only as a privilege. Qualified sellers understand that Jurisbazaar reserves the right to withdraw Express Remittance at any time for any violation of the TOU or Jurisbazaar policies and/or failure by qualified sellers to maintain or comply with the parameters as may be decided by
Jurisbazaar from time to time.
2. A seller expressly agrees that issuing correct and complete invoice is the sole and primary responsibility of a seller. Furthermore, a seller shall ensure that invoices state ‘Powered by Jurisbazaar’ and failing to do so, a seller shall be liable to chargebacks (as applicable).
3. In case of any chargebacks levied by the bank, Jurisbazaar shall have the right to deduct such chargebacks from seller remittances, present and future, and a seller’s only remedy will be to discuss and resolve the same with the bank. A seller hereby agrees to extend full co-operation in resolving the chargeback disputes raised by a buyer through the bank and shall provide necessary documentation regarding the transaction to the complete satisfaction of the bank. In case the chargeback is ruled against a seller, Jurisbazaar shall be entitled and authorized to recover the same from the seller to its fullest extent and the bank’s decision shall be final and binding in this regard. In the event Jurisbazaar has made any excess payment to seller inadvertently, such excess payments shall be set-off from any future payments payable by Jurisbazaar to the Seller.
4. Jurisbazaar may delay notifying the payment confirmation, i.e. informing seller to dispatch if Jurisbazaar deems suspicious or a buyer conducts high transaction volumes to ensure safety of the transaction and transaction price. In addition, Jurisbazaar may hold transaction price and not inform seller to dispatch or remit transaction price to law enforcement officials (instead of refunding the same to a buyer) at the request of law enforcement officials or in the event of a buyer being engaged in any form of illegal activity.
5. Sellers and buyers acknowledge that Jurisbazaar will not be liable for any damages, interests, claims etc. resulting from not processing a transaction/transaction price or any delay in processing a transaction/transaction price that is beyond the control of Jurisbazaar. 6. Jurisbazaar shall make payments into the bank account provided by a seller during the seller registration process. Once Jurisbazaar has made payments into such a bank account number, Jurisbazaar shall be discharged of any/all liabilities towards the seller and the seller shall not be eligible for any claims whatsoever.
Compliance with Laws:
7. Buyer and Seller shall comply with all the applicable laws (including without limitation Foreign
Exchange Management Act, 1999 and the rules made and notifications issued there under and the
Exchange Control Manual as may be issued by Reserve Bank of India from time to time, Customs
Act, Information and Technology Act, 2000 as amended by the Information Technology (Amendment)
Act 2008, Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 and the rules made there under, Foreign
Contribution Regulation Act, 1976 and the rules made there under, Income Tax Act, 1961 and the rules made there under, Export Import Policy of government of India) applicable to them respectively for using Payment Facility and Jurisbazaar Website.
8. All online bank transfers from valid bank accounts are processed using the gateway provided by the respective issuing bank that supports payment facility to provide these services to the users. All such online bank transfers on payment facility are also governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between a seller buyer and the respective issuing bank.
9. In the event of sale of jewelry, Seller shall provide hallmark certificate (in accordance with applicable Laws) along with the product at the time of delivery. Further, it shall be sole responsibility of the Seller to comply with hallmarking or other similar provisions applicable for the sale of jewelry and Jurisbazaar shall not be liable whatsoever for any non-compliance in this regard.
10. In the event of sale of jewelry, Seller shall ensure conducting of Buyer KYC in accordance with the prevention of anti-money laundering laws and other applicable laws. Jurisbazaar hereby disclaims any responsibility for conducting Buyer KYC.
The ‘Wallet’ is a prepaid payment instrument which is associated with your account. You can maintain a balance of money with buyers (if permitted) and redeem it at your convenience. Please note that you will be the issuer of Wallet and you shall be responsible for redeeming the money lying in buyers
Wallet account and Jurisbazaar does not assume any risk, liability or responsibility with respect to Wallet money. You will not pay any interest on the amount maintained by a buyer in the seller-specific
Refund of Wallet Amount
Wallet comprises three types of balances – store credit (which is a credit granted by us typically in lieu of a cancelled order), topped-up balance (which is a prepaid amount that a buyer adds to the Wallet to pay for future orders on the Website) and promotional balance (which is a credit granted by us purely for promotional or goodwill purposes). Topped-up balance as well as promotional balance added to the Wallet will be non-refundable, while store credit will continue to be entirely refundable.
Digital Content: Music
Music (MP3 format):
Only certain short listed sellers (at the sole discretion of Jurisbazaar) shall be entitled to sell music (MP3 format) on the Website. Buyers may be able to purchase DRM-free digital music in MP3 file format on the Website from respective sellers. Such MP3 music files shall be provided to buyers, as per selection provided by sellers, subject to certain limitations as described by sellers. Buyers shall be granted specified download rights of DRM-free MP3 music files from the catalogue of MP3 music displayed on the Website. The MP3 music may include full-length MP3 audio tracks at best available bit rate and certain other premium features as may be provided on the Website by respective sellers from time to time
Currently buyer can purchase downloadable digital MP3 music only through the Website Music Application, as may be made available from time to time on the Website only within the territory of India.
Intellectual Property Rights:
It is hereby specifically recorded that the copyright and other intellectual property on music available on the Website is the sole and exclusive property of third parties. Sellers represent and warrant that sellers are authorized by such third parties to upload music on the Website for license of use to end customers. Intellectual property rights for the purpose of the TOU shall always mean and include copyrights, whether registered or not, patents including rights of filing patents, trademarks, trade names, trade dresses, house marks, collective marks, associate marks and the right to register them, designs -- both industrial and layout -- geographical indicators, moral rights, broadcasting rights, displaying rights, distribution rights, selling rights, abridged rights, translating rights, reproducing rights, performing rights, communicating rights, adapting rights, circulating rights, protected rights, joint rights, reciprocating rights and infringement rights. All those intellectual property rights arising as a result of domain names, internet or any other right available under applicable law shall vest in the domain of Jurisbazaar as the owner of such domain names. The parties hereto agree and confirm that no part of any intellectual property rights mentioned hereinabove is transferred in the name of users and any intellectual property rights arising as a result of these presents shall also be in the absolute ownership, possession, and our control or control of its licensors, as the case may be. You shall promptly notify us in writing upon your discovery of any unauthorized use or infringement.
Jurisbazaar does not warrant that product description or other content on the Website is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free and assumes no liability in this regard.
Without limiting other remedies, we may limit your activity, immediately remove your information, warn other users of your actions, immediately temporarily/indefinitely suspend/terminate/block your account and/or refuse you access to the Website in the event of, including but not limited to, the following:
2. If we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide; or
3. If it is believed that your actions may cause legal liability for you, other users, or us.
Jurisbazaar respects the intellectual property of others. In case you feel that your trademark has been infringed, you can write to Jurisbazaar at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jurisbazaar respect the intellectual property of others. In case you feel that your work has been copied in any way that constitutes copyright infringement you can write to Jurisbazaar at email@example.com.
Trademark, Copyright and Restriction
The Website is controlled and operated by Jurisbazaar and products are sold by respective registered sellers. All material on the Website, including images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, are protected by copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights. You must not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute other sellers’ material in any way, including by email or other electronic means and whether, directly or indirectly, you must not assist any other person to do so. Without the prior written consent of the owner, modification or use of the material on any other website/networked computer environment or for any purpose other than personal, noncommercial use is a violation of the copyrights, trademarks, and other proprietary rights is prohibited.
Any use for which you receive any remuneration, whether money or otherwise, is a commercial use for the purposes of this clause.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL JURISBAZAAR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THE TOU, EVEN IF
JURISBAZAAR HAS BEEN INFORMED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The TOU shall be governed, interpreted, and construed in accordance with the laws of India. The place of jurisdiction shall exclusively be Jalandhar.
Jurisdictional Issues/Sale in India Only
Unless otherwise specified, the material on the Website is presented solely for the purpose of sale in
India. Jurisbazaar makes no representation that the material on the Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations/countries other than India. Those who choose to access the Website from other locations/countries other than India do so on their own initiative and Jurisbazaar is not responsible for supply of products/refund for the products ordered from other locations/countries other than India and compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable
Please send any comments or questions, including all enquiries not related to copyright infringement, on the Website to firstname.lastname@example.org OR Call 0181-2977713.